-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Organizational Challenge: day 3 update



Day 1 was the planning.

On day 2, I actually made a pretty decent-sized dent in the clutter that has consumed my dining room table. Considering that I didn't feel too hot and had the attention span of a goldfish, I was impressed with the progress I made.

Day 3. Today I woke up feeling incredibly sick. I took today "off" as a "personal day", completing only what I call the "core chores" on my massive daily to do list before driving K. to school for bell practice. By the time I got home, my sheets were dry so I took out my contacts, made my bed, and promptly crawled into it. I slept between five and six hours today while K. was at school, and I feel like I could have slept for another twelve or so with next to no effort.

Still, I've managed to go through a nice little pile of papers on my desk this afternoon/evening while K. played X-box and terrorized played with the cats, and I may casually poke at a little bit more tonight if I still feel up to it. It's not lost on me that there are three days gone and only twenty-seven days left of this challenge, and I still have a lot to do.

K. has no school tomorrow (or Monday) and A. comes home tomorrow night. I'm hoping that I can get at least a little help from them this weekend, though in truth I don't plan on doing a lot of cleaning since it's Easter weekend and I'm hoping to do something a little more on the fun side since my ultimate goal is to have weekends free for fun/family stuff.



No comments: