-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

De-clutter: the Game Plan




First thing up is to pick an area/room: the living room/dining area combination

Um. I started to do the questions proposed by Laura in her planning post, but, um, got a little silly with the answers (What do you see wrong with the room? It's too small. What organizational tools can help? A sledge hammer!) so I'll skip them. I'm not sure they really apply to my mess and goals, anyway since most of the clutter I'll be dealing with is just... piles of clutter and boxes... from the past decade (and beyond) that sit and stare at me and not active clutter from daily life.

That doesn't mean I don't have a plan, though! Oh heaven's no! I always have some sort of plan for something. (It does drive the husband a bit batty.)

The goal is to be rid of all the junk still here and find places within the apartment for the things we keep. Also, I want to be able to use my table again.

The plan is to give the area(s) two to three hours of my day at least three times a week.

I really can't get more specific than that because the only other specifics I have are my timer and trusty lots bag. And a lot of garbage bags.



3 comments:

A Juggling Mum said...

Good Luck with the challenge, I'll be watching your progress with interest :)

Unknown said...

good luck! you've got a great project there and are taking the right steps.

Laura said...

Hello and thanks for joining the challenge! Sounds like you'll be doing a lot of purging...awesome! Good luck to you, I can't wait to see your before and after pictures.

Laura