-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, April 9, 2007

Menu!

Have I mentioned yet that I cook for people that like to eat the same thing over and over and over again? They get... fussy... when I cook "weird" dishes, "weird" being quite subjective in this case and usually meaning it's not something I have ever cooked for them before. While it makes menu planning really easy (copy and mix from the last two weeks), it gets really boring for me. However, every now and then I'll hear something like "this again?" or "We haven't had [blank] in a while..." or (my favorite) "Can we have [blank] again? That was good" and I get to switch something out of regular line up.

Me? I'm more adventurous with my food. Yes, I have my comfort foods, but I like to explore random countries through their cuisine. Also, I tend to eat less meat than A. and K., and it doesn't bother me at all to sit down with half a cantaloupe, an apple, some strawberries, and some grapes... and call that dinner.

And sometimes, just to shake things up a bit, I just slip something new and "weird" in... like the Ginger Pork on this week's menu...





Sunday: lunch: soup, sandwiches
dinner: ham, mashed potatoes, broccoli, bread
Monday: leftover Sunday dinner
Tuesday: (one more time!) Spiced-Glazed Chicken, rice, lima beans leftovers (all the ham is gone now! Except what went into the freezer...)
Wednesday: Ginger Pork, rice, broccoli Spiced-Glazed Chicken, rice, lima beans
Thursday: pasta, garlic bread (possibly salad if there are any salad greens left)
Friday: meatloaf, baked potatoes, green peas
Saturday: lunch: Cracker Barrel (alone with A.)
dinner: pot roast Chick-Fil-A


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading your comments about your family's love of the 'same menu'. Very funny!
Have a terrific week.

Annie said...

Your menu looks great!
Blessings~
♥ Annie
My Life as Annie!

A Simple Wife said...

Rona: Thanks! What makes it funny (to me) is that it's true! It is amazing, though, how wide of a variety I have in my "standard" arsenal of recipes and how under-utilized so many of them are. I love to cook, and while a few things have gotten less than rave reviews from my crew, only ONCE in the past 15 years has my husband ever said the words "Don't ever cook that again".

Annie: Thanks! Those Lime Chicken Soft Tacos from your menu look great!