-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, April 23, 2007

Menu!

Wow. Last week went kaboom, didn't it? I think my goal this week is to have no more than three changes to the menu I make!

A. suggested last night that he may be back early from his trip, but I have no firm details on that. This made it sort of difficult to plan this week's menu, but this week's menu was a bear to wrestle with anyway. I've been thinking about changing a few of our eating habits (read that prices are rising again and I refuse to pay some them, my food budget is already way too high), so there's a lot of new and "weird" things being cooked this week. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

K. has a grade level music performance this Tuesday so we have another "quick night" where we have just a few hours between her getting off the bus and us having to be at school for an event.

And I think I'm teetering on the edge of being sick. I thought the way I felt Saturday was just punishment for the McDonald's I had Friday night, but nope. It carried into Sunday and this morning - while not as bad - is bad, too. I slept most of the weekend (K. did a fantastic job of taking care of me) and I foresee a great deal of ginger tea in my immediate future.

Also, it's odd to me that I'm 37 years old and don't know how to make any sort of beans from scratch, using dried beans. It should be an interesting week, indeed.




Sunday: lunch: pot pie/frozen meals
dinner: spaghetti and bread
Monday: fruit/soup/grilled cheese sandwiches (helps if we have bread LOL)
Tuesday: Boca chicken things, mac & cheese, whatever veggies are in the refrigerator
Wednesday: rice and beans, salad, toasted garlic bread
Thursday: Ginger Pork, rice, broccoli
Friday: butter (lima) beans, hoe cakes, salad
Saturday: lunch: leftovers/sandwiches/soup (possibly home made pizza, depending on how I feel by then and what's on the agenda)
dinner: Simple Taco Meat with homemade tortillas (still not sure about making my own tortillas), buttery peas & rice (recipe on the same page and just below the taco meat one)


3 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Thanks for that ginger pork recipe! It looks great.

Sandra said...

Great menu, the ginger pork recipe looks yummy.

Unknown said...

LOL you're so funny...No Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for this week. I've planned a recipe and found that I'm missing a key ingredient and just scratched. Ugh!
Wish your little one best wishes on her recital. It's that time of year, isn't it?