-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, September 24, 2007

Menu - Week of Sept 23, 2007


Don't have much to say, really.

The bathtub still has that pipe sticking out of it.

The cabinet guys came back and... sort of... fixed some of the issues they created in the kitchen, but not very well. I'm still trying to scrape all the adhesive gunk off my kitchen floor, not to mention all the dirt and mess they glued to it.

And now my bathroom sink is leaking. Badly. To the tune that it's basically just draining into the cabinet under it. Yeah, my bread bowl is under those pipes, and there's a call going in to the office as soon as K. and I are clothed this morning.

I feel like chilled death puke. I've not been feeling well the past few days, but it seems to have fully developed sometime between last night and this morning. Normally I'd just crash for a few days, but with A. out of town (he left yesterday evening) I'm on my own with K. and the felines... and crashing just isn't an option. I'll rest as much as possible today, suck down lots of water and either apple juice or white grape juice, and try not to throw up on the new bathroom floor.

Feeling like I do and with A. out of town, the menu for this week is simplicity at its best... meaning that K. could fix most of what's on the menu this week with very little assistance from me. Not that I'll make her, mind you, just that if I get worse she can still feed herself.

As always, much gratitude for Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday.



Sunday
dinner: leftover tacos

Monday
dinner: Boca patties, mashed potatoes, lima beans

Tuesday
dinner: Breaded cod, macaroni & cheese, green peas

Wednesday
dinner: Chicken (or tuna) salad, fruit

Thursday
dinner: Baked potatoes stuffed with spiced ground beef, broccoli

Friday
dinner: ??

Saturday
dinner: Pot roast



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Boca burgers--yum. Delicious week ahead.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there and take care of yourself and K. Everything else will wait. If it makes you feel any better we're in the middle of a remodel, too. We yanked our bedroom carpet and are living with the subfloor until we can find time to install our new flooring. With three kids 4 and younger, that time is HARD to find and I imagine it's going to be a while, but the carpet was killing my allergies.

Anyhow, I thought you might like to know that the Home Ec gals don't always have everything up to snuff. We are all human.