-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

100 words... times 3

1
So tired. The headache lurking around the edges of my brain all week threatening to become a migraine has taken a step closer to that goal.

A. has my car today which means my plans for the post office are pushed back until tomorrow. It also means I won't die in a horribly fatal and flaming car crash like so many of my dreams have indicated over the past week or so.

I overslept again today by 2 hours. Not a big deal for a housewife, some might think, but it’s killing me in ways I can't begin to describe.

2
“It’s dark outside.”

A voice comes from inside my head and sounds as if there should be a smirk attached. “Of course it’s dark outside, it’s the middle of the night.”

I ignore the voice and start again. “It’s dark outside. I can hear the patter of the rain against the roof. Every now and again I hear the rolling rumble of thunder and…”

The voice scoffs. “Rolling rumble of thunder? You can’t be serious.”

I very nearly shout as I continue on. “…and see brilliant flashes of lightning through the space where the curtains don’t quite meet the walls.”

3
I’m supposed to write another 100 words today, and I’m drawing a complete blank. There’s nothing lurking in the dusty, cob-web covered corners of my mind wanting to be written. I’m just… blank.

I sit here in front of my computer, my iPod shuffle pumping Metallica playing with an orchestra into my skull at rather high volumes and even that’s not shaking any ideas loose. Behind me, my husband sprawls on the couch watching something or another on Nova. The daughter is… I don’t know where she is, exactly, but probably in her room reading again.

Hey look, 100 words…

No comments: