-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, June 6, 2011

Menu: June 6 - 12

We're getting better with actual eating of what's planned, but there's still quite a bit of work to be done in that area.

School releases the animals into the wild kids for the summer Friday with an early release time. As always, I have no idea what sort of impact that will really have on my days. This year, Girl wants a "social life" during the summer. I'm not yet sure what sort of Mom Magic I'm going to have to work to make that possible. I'm still trying to find out exactly what she wants.

So, food... because we always have food. My family is so much less growlish and bitey more pleasant to be around when I feed them.

As always, much gratitude for Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday.


Photobucket


Breakfasts
choice of:
- whatever can be found, including white cheddar popcorn and cheesecake (nothing really planned this week, I'm tumbling some ideas around in my skull)

Lunches
- haven't got a clue. Most likely, it'll be leftovers or sandwiches with fruit. Or maybe just a bowl of white cheddar popcorn and some M&Ms.

Monday
dinner: skillet chicken parmesan, green beans, crescent rolls, salad
additional cooking: pasta sauce

Tuesday
dinner: sloppy tater joe casserole, broccoli, salad
additional cooking: sloppy joe sauce

Wednesday
dinner: asian orange chicken, rice, salad

Thursday
dinner: shepherd's pie

Friday
dinner: DAD COOKS! YAY!!
additional cooking (what I'll cook): potato skins, plus weekend meals

WEEKEND MEALS
one: meatloaf (still tweaking this recipe), mashed potatoes (using potato guts from potato skins), green peas
two: lentils and rice with fried onions, baked falafel patties with yogurt-tahini sauce, salad


I think that's all. Any guesses on which meal will be skipped/shifted to a future date?

Much to do today and I'm running out of time.

Blue skies, world.

No comments: