-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, December 10, 2007

Menu - December 9 - 15


Running a little later than I wanted to be with this entry, but here it is.

Last week was... crazy busy. This week is going to be just as crazy but maybe not quite so busy.

A. is on his way to Washington D.C. right now. He'll be gone until Friday afternoon. He made sure we had a tree before he left, and he and K. put the lights on last night. He also got most of the holiday decorations down (so I don't kill myself trying to get them myself) before he left. K. and I will finish decorating the tree tonight and tomorrow night.

I think we're keeping the decorating to a minimum this year, but I'm not sure yet. How I feel will play a large part in how much decorating gets done. I'd rather not decorate as much and use what little energy I have playing with my family than decorate a la Martha Stewart and not have any energy or time left for my family. But the decorations are out of the closet and if I happen to find an extra bit of energy surging through my aching limbs, you can bet I'll spend half an hour or so fussing with putting out/up decorations. The same goes with the baking. I have my master baking list and I'm getting to it a little bit at a time between now and the end of the year... and not fussing over what doesn't get cooked.

So! With A. out of town for the week, K. and I are having a rather vegetarian/munchies sort of week of meals. I'm hoping it will help boost my energy a bit (not to mention my metabolism) as well as help offset some of the sweets and heavier meals coming in the last two weeks of the year. I know it won't completely balance the scales, but the lighter meals this week should help get me (and my stomach) in the mood to eat less of the heavy and super sweet foods I'll not only be encountering but also baking after the 15th.

I'm not listing the extra baking or cooking that I have tentatively planned for this week because I'm not certain that I'll feel up to it. With the cooking for the meals so light this week I should be ok to do some of the extras but I'm not going to bank on it.

As always, much gratitude for Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday.




Sunday
lunch: Wendy's (out shopping)
dinner: leftovers, mac & cheese

Monday
lunch: grapes, cheese, crackers
dinner: leftovers, tuna, chips

Tuesday
lunch: raw veggie plate, fruit
dinner: boca meat, mashed potatoes, random veggies

Wednesday
lunch: ??? (shopping with Mom)
dinner: leftovers, salad (pizza hoagies?)

Thursday
lunch: raw veggie plate, fruit
dinner: lima beans, corn, random veggies (and pizza hoagies if K. is still hungry)

Friday
lunch: raw veggie plate, fruit
dinner: salmon & tilapia, broccoli, corn

Saturday
lunch: ???
dinner: shepherd's pie