-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, April 7, 2008

Menu - week of April 6 - 12, 2008


Wow, what a crazy week. And this week should be even crazier with K. out on Spring Break and A. in California.

With A. gone, I'm getting up "on time"... between 5 and 6am most mornings. I did sleep in a bit over the weekend, but I was still out of bed before noon. As a result, a lot has been done. There's still quite a bit to do, but life is a never-ending series of chores with some fun stuff in between. Or maybe that's a never-ending series of fun stuff littered with chores. Either way...

K. and I don't really have any plans scheduled for this week while she's out of school. Today (Monday) she's "grounded". Not... really, but sort of. Months ago she and I made a deal that her room was to be CLEAN by the time I went to bed this past Friday or she was to spend as much of her vacation week as it took her in her room cleaning. With things getting a little crazy when A. went out of town and other factors, I extended that to Sunday night (last night). Well, her room is GREATLY improved, but not as it should be. So, she's "grounded". She's in her room cleaning even now.

This week's menu was done a few days ago, but, um, yeah. Been a bit busy with A. out of town and K. and I on our own so there hasn't been much blogging time (hoping to change that starting this week) and when I have had blogging time these past few days, we've been having enough thunder and lightning that I decided being on the computer was not a good idea. So, here it is. Finally. K. helped me with it and what's listed for breakfast may change if I feel like tackling some of the recipes she wants me to make. Things like Quick Cinnamon Rolls with Buttermilk Icing, Coffeecake Muffins, Orange Cinnamon Swirl Bread, and Buttermilk Doughnuts. While it's good to see her wanting breakfast, I'm not sure I have the energy to cook for her like she wants. And I'm not entirely sure that I should, at least, not every day.

As always, much gratitude for Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday.


Photobucket



Sunday
breakfast: oops. nothing. slept in.
lunch: Subway for me, McDonald's for K. (my mom's treat)
dinner: foraging on leftovers

Monday
breakfast: toast and OJ (with cereal for me)
lunch: sandwiches (pb&j or turkey or BLT)
dinner: ground beef and rice mixed into a sort of casserole and topped with cheese, lima beans, salad

Tuesday
breakfast: waffles and bacon
lunch: leftovers or sandwiches
dinner: omelets and bacon

Wednesday
breakfast: pancakes
lunch: sandwiches (pb&j or turkey or BLT), salad, fruit
dinner: pork chops, rice, broccoli

Thursday
breakfast: toast and OJ (plus cereal for me)
lunch: sandwiches (pb&j or turkey or BLT), salad, fruit
dinner: flatbread melts (trying to copycat Lean Cuisine's new line; details later)

Friday
breakfast: omelets and bacon
lunch: flatbread pizzas
dinner: foraging and grazing

Saturday
breakfast: pancakes
lunch: foraging
dinner: pot roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli


1 comment:

mom_of2boys said...

Good luck with the flatbread Lean Cuisine copycat. I had pot roast last week in the Slow Cooker it was really good (new recipe for me).

Have a great week.