-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Menu - April 27 - May 3, 2008


Last week was crazy busy, and I'm not talking about just all the baking I did. This week I'm not planning any extra baking. Well, I might make some oatmeal cookies. Maybe. But for the most part, I'm giving my hands a much needed rest. (I may get ambitious and try to make hash browns from scratch. Yes, I think I might be a bit insane...)

We picked up the box from Angel Food Ministries Saturday morning and were pleasantly surprised by the quality. My mom was as well, and is considering making a purchase for May. I know I will be, even though there's always something in the box that we normally wouldn't buy from the grocery store. Still, those items will provide us with some fairly quick alternatives to take out or fast food on nights when I'm just too wiped out to cook. (For instance, the frozen lasagna that came in the box we picked up on Saturday will be a nice treat after I spend the day grocery shopping on Wednesday. Grocery days are always hard on me.)

And it's past my bedtime and I need to get to sleep.

As always, much gratitude for Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday.


Photobucket



Sunday
breakfast: pancakes
lunch: leftover chicken salad in bread bowls for me & A., mini-pizza on leftover flat bread for K.
dinner: leftover fried chicken, broccoli

Monday
breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, grits (cereal and grits for K.)
lunch: chicken salad tortilla
dinner: fish (salmon for me, parmesan encrusted tilapia for them), mac & cheese, green peas

Tuesday
breakfast: cereal, toast
lunch: Boca meat & vegetable primavera risotto in tortillas, orange
dinner: cheeseburger pasta, lima beans

Wednesday
breakfast: waffles / pancakes / cereal / sausage biscuits (fend for yourself morning)
lunch: ??? (shopping with mom)
dinner: lasagna (frozen)

Thursday
breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, grits
lunch: Boca meat & vegetable primavera risotto in tortillas, orange
dinner: honey spiced pork chops, rice, broccoli

Friday
breakfast: quick cinnamon rolls
lunch: Boca meat & vegetable primavera risotto in tortillas, orange
dinner: foraging / grazing

Saturday
breakfast: waffles (make enough to freeze)
lunch: ???
dinner: meatball stroganoff


1 comment:

Posh Mama said...

I have been wanting to do the Angel Food ministry here, but never remember in time. Thanks for the reminder!
Your menu looks great!