-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Menu - Aug. 3 - 9, 2008


Crazy sort of week in which I did a lot of blank staring and frustrated sighing. Getting some recipes posted is a high priority for this week, even if I have to do it at 3am when it's not raining and I'm trying desperately to get my little vampire to go to sleep so I can go to sleep myself.

This new week brings bucket loads of excitement and promises to have me either banging my head against the nearest wall, breathing into a paper bag, or looking around while wondering what the aliens did with my family because they're being far too cooperative. Only time will tell which.

A. leaves town Monday afternoon and should be returning Wednesday night right about the time I want to be falling into bed.

K. wants to see the free/almost free movies both Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. I'm inclined to take her since it's the last week of the summer vacation movie "camp".

Thursday night (assuming A. is actually home by then, because let's face it, I'm not too trusting of the airlines lately) brings true weirdness: me going out to a writers group. Alone.

Only two more weeks until school starts. While I'll miss K. and her individual brand of insanity, I'm eager to be back on a more structured schedule in which I'm not only in bed but also asleep by 10pm on most nights and annoyingly perky at 530am.

So. The menu. It's extremely simple and maybe not the healthiest in the world. At least I'm feeding them. (Too many days lately where I've been far too tempted to not feed them...)

As always, much gratitude for Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday.


Photobucket




Sunday
breakfast: grits, bacon
lunch: foraging
dinner: fast food (finishing errands)

Monday - A. out of town from mid-afternoon on
breakfast: eggs, grits, bacon, OJ
lunch: tuna salad in bread bowls
dinner: hamburgers, french fries

Tuesday - A. out of town
breakfast: cereal, OJ
lunch: sandwich or hot dog, fruit
dinner: breakfast to order

Wednesday - A. out of town until bedtime
breakfast: oatmeal
lunch: hot dogs, fruit
dinner: mac & cheese, peas, broccoli

Thursday - Writers group meeting
breakfast: pasta, salad
lunch: baked potatoes stuffed with broccoli and cheese
dinner: pasta, salad

Friday
breakfast: cereal, OJ
lunch: sandwich or hot dog, fruit
dinner: orange-glazed chicken breasts, rice, broccoli, salad

Saturday
breakfast: pancakes
lunch: ???
dinner: pork chops, black eyed peas, mashed potatoes, salad



Sweet dreams, world.

No comments: