-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Observations


It started while I was recording the most recent expenses (recorded here). It occurred to me that we've been shopping almost every night lately to the point where it's become insane. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but I finally did, and then realized that it wasn't just the financial arena suffering.

The source of all the trouble is, primarily, the horrendous sun burn I've been suffering through. On a secondary level is me just being busy and focused on other things.

Under normal conditions, I let A. borrow my car but for the most part I have my car and do all the shopping during the day while A. is at work and K. is at school. However, we've not been working under normal conditions lately. Since he got back into town, A. has been using my car exclusively. He has offered to let me keep it to run errands a few times (with him either taking his car or me driving him to work), but with the extensive burns I suffered recently, driving (much less doing all the stretching and bending involved with a short woman shopping) was out of the question unless absolutely necessary. I was just in far too much pain - not to mention so extremely tired while healing - to put a shirt on my burns and go shopping. Anywhere. For anything. So A. has been driving me to this store or that one after he gets home from work.

Also, because I've been working at less than 100% (who am I kidding? I don't work at 100% normally! But I'm not even working at the level I normally work at...) I didn't really have a comprehensive shopping list. It was more like "Oh... we need..." and a few days later we were doing the same thing. A total lack of planning on my part.

The whole healing process has had me out of sorts and now has me completely off schedule, too. I've been doing only the most minimal but mandatory blogging. My waking cycle has become completely nocturnal, and the sleeping patterns are just weird. I haven't been able to clean much or stay on top of clutter control because moving has been painful, even after I started peeling.

In addition to the whole sun burn and related issues, I've just been off-kilter. I'm not to a point yet where I can focus on various crafts, much less spend as much time as I'd planned on blogging and other things.

And school issues. Wow. We've had things going on at school several times a week for the past month and a half.

It's really just little things - little adjustments in life - that have everything skewed, and I guess, looking at the big picture, I can breathe a small sigh of relief that this isn't the normal trend. Though I do suppose that anyone looking in through the small windows I'm creating with my blogs would surely think I'm boring and insane, but no, that's not the case. (Ok, maybe it is, but not because of this!! I'm just going by what others tell me.) Things are just a little hectic and out of balance lately. Things will get back to normal soon, though.


No comments: